After years of feeling off my game and struggling with many aspects of my health (like chronic migraines and digestive issues), I knew that I had to make a positive change in my life and decided to enroll in nutrition school. I devoured every piece of nutrition-related information I could get my hands on and couldn't wait to finish up my course so I could start making a positive impact in other people's lives too.
When graduation day finally came and I was sent off with my certification in hand, I was over-the-moon excited.
But there was one BIG scary question that kept running through my head: How do I get started?
With little knowledge on what I needed to do, I committed hour after hour and day after day to working on my business, only to make a small impact on the overall picture of what I needed to get done to start seeing clients. The only thing that seemed to be growing was my frequent coffee buyers card and not my business!
I felt overwhelmed and confused with no real direction or clear picture of what I needed to do.
I felt stuck and had no idea how to move forward.
The first few months of building my business felt very overwhelming as I navigated this unknown territory. As months went by and I started to reach the year mark, I wondered why clients weren't knocking down my door or seeking me out on the street. I was sure that the key to being super successful in my business was waiting for me just around the corner.
I spent many-a-days plugging away prepping client handouts, developing protocols I was sure I would some day need, and spent a ton of time on social media trying to pull together some type of marketing plan. I was spending energy in all of the wrong places but had no idea that there could have been an easier way!
After almost spending an entire year building my business, things finally started to fall into place and I felt confident enough to start seeing clients and step into this new role.
A big turning point for me was when I realized that I DIDN'T have to do everything on my own.
The big leaps and bounds in my business started to come together when I started to simplify my own client processes, coach confidently, clarify my business vision, and work on my mindset about my ability to run a successful business!
Clients started to come in, I was learning how to leverage referrals from other practitioners, I was booking monthly workshops, and each day I felt more confident in my coaching skills.
The more I spoke to friends and colleagues about their own nutrition businesses, the more I realized that they too were still suffering through the start-up process. They also had navigated the choppy waters, and they too had wished that there could have been some type of support team or guiding system to help them get started on their business.
As I strengthened my own business and started to attract clients, clarify my business vision and coach clients with confidence, I knew that I could help others to do the same too.
I knew deep down that this is what was needed.
When you set yourself up for success with a solid business foundation and guidance from a coach that's been through the process, you can start to create positive momentum in your business!
- Registered Holistic Nutritionist - Canadian School of Natural Nutrition (Class of 2014)
- Culinary Nutrition Expert - Academy of Culinary Nutrition (Class of 2015)
- Meditation Teacher - Lifestyle Meditation (Class of 2017)
- Angel Card Reader - Angel Intelligence Certification Course (Class of 2018)
- Bachelor of Arts Honours in Theatre
- Course instructor for Fundamentals of Business and Body, Mind, Spirit at the Canadian School of Natural Nutrition since 2015
- Mentored dozens of nutrition students and new grads on their business start-up details through one-on-one coaching and workshops
- Through Stephanie Long Nutrition, I've worked with over 45+ one-on-one nutrition clients and dozens of others in group programs and workshops
- Co-owner of The Health Collective YEG, a collaborative workshop rental space for the health, wellness and creative community in Edmonton, AB
- Taught multiple workshops and seminars for health food stores, corporate wellness programs, school boards and city programming